вторник, 14 апреля 2015 г.

Reading a book

Hello everyone!

Got some inspiration, you know.


I'm reading a book, "Airport" by Arthur Hailey, in English... yeah, I'm damn good, I know.
Of course there are some difficulties with understanding, unknown words, phrases and so on. Especially these strange looks on me around. People in subway, buses appear to think that I'm such a show-off, or I don't know - maybe that it is indecent to read in a foreign language? Or am I a spy?..

As for me I welcome any ways of education and self-perfection. And yes, I'm positive that learning languages, practising them - speaking, listening and reading - is a good way. Very good. So don't treat me like that, respect my privacy and choice and don't look at me this way! 

My English friends wouldn't understand my despair, I guess. This is a typical Russian feature: to mistreat strangers in public, to reject any differences with such a face as if someone's vomited just under one's nose... 

And I have no idea what to expect in country when so innocent things cause so many troubles and so strong aversion. What tolerance are you talking about? Justice, freedom? You need to see all these faces with hatred, stupidity and constant desire to humiliate and betray to gain some useless advantage in their empty lives...

But I do advise you to read "Airport".

Yours,
RoseMarine

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий